Pre-Kindergarten at Discovery Oaks Academy Our Pre-Kindergarten program introduces children to a school routine that fosters their academic and social skills through creativity and discovery. We use a literature-based curriculum to provide a positive school experience where each child can grow and mature along with age-appropriate peers. Our experienced teachers transform favorite children's books into wonderful worlds of learning that encompass all areas of development. Each book unit brings new opportunities to expand language and vocabulary, build math and science concepts, and establish fine and gross motor skills. To enhance and reinforce our curriculum, students enjoy stimulating in-house visitors and special events, music class, library time, foreign language, and various school-wide and classroom celebrations throughout the year. Our Foreign Language Curriculum includes an introduction to Spanish, French, and German. The program introduces the children to basic language skills, including greetings, numbers, colors, family members, school vocabulary and holidays. Vocabulary is reinforced each day through play and learning.
- We are open from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Before- and after-school care is available.
- Pre-K classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. A 5-day and 3-day schedule is offered.
- Our 3-day Pre-K classes are held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week.
- Students may stay for “Lunch Bunch” in which they attend Pre-K class and either bring a lunch or purchase school lunch to enjoy with their classmates. Pre-K with Lunch Bunch is offered from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- A well-balanced school lunch, including milk, may be purchased for $3.75 per day.
- A typical Pre-K day consists of circle time, small group child-centered and teacher directed activities, playground fun, and snack / lunch experiences with peers. Your child will grow socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually in an enriching and rewarding environment.